So off the bat once i had gone up to 3 levels, i had to set that as the lowest level so that i could use dynamesh as it doesn't work with subdivision layers.
Now i could start SCULPTING!
At this stage I only wanted to bulk out the mesh, adding detail is for a later date, getting the shape is the important thing at this stage. Using only 3 brushes I set about it, the standard brush to give form, the inflat brush to give shape and the move brush to relax the mesh and add weigh/gravity and to allow for a more natural sculpt. I am happy so far with the mesh, even if its toothless mouth is a little goofy at the moment and there is no real detail, but that's ok, so before I take the net step, I'm going to goZ it into Maya and cut the UV seams, I do have the UV master plugin for zbrush, but I have had several strange experiences both mixed. I find it works well for my own project when only I know that the UV's are a bit weird but not on other more Professional projects.
The mesh went from an original 954 total points as the adaptive skin to a mere 4,652 total points with the 3 subdivisions and dynamesh influences.......I don't think that's too bad really!